Click here for a written transcript of this episode.
Whether you're job searching, trying to figure out if you want to start a side hustle, or even pretty content with your career, this episode with Rosie McCarthy of Badass Careers has something for everyone. Listen in to learn how to boost your career satisfaction and make job hunting more successful.
- Who Rosie is and what lights her up.
- How different cities have different fashion vibes, especially when it comes to designer and luxury brands.
- How to determine when it's time to leave your job, especially if your situation looks pretty good on paper.
- Deciding whether to take on a side hustle.
- The problem with making career choices based on external factors rather than internal ones.
- Listening to the voice inside of you that says you're made for more.
- Some of Rosie's best job-searching tips, including figuring out your personal brand.
- How many criteria you should aim to meet in a job listing in order to apply.
- Mindset shifts for coping with unexpected career transitions or layoffs.
- The fact that “a career is not a prison sentence.”
- Things to consider when searching for a career coach.
Mentioned in This Episode
- The TV show “Emily in Paris”
Featured in This Episode
Rosie McCarthy (she/her) is an ex-Corporate Recruiter and Human Resources professional turned online Career Coach for ambitious, yet unfulfilled, high-achieving professionals. As the founder of Badass Careers, she believes that career planning is broken, and it's about damn time to overthrow the status quo. Originally from New Zealand, Rosie has her Masters degree in International Human Resources and 10 years of experience working for multinationals, tech startups, and Fortune 500 companies. She is specialized in helping people to figure out what they truly want out of their careers, brand themselves, and then go out and get it. Happiest with an almond croissant in hand! You can keep up with Rosie on her website, Instagram, YouTube channel, and LinkedIn.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Rosie's work. Sign up to get Rosie's free Career Happiness Playbook.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.