Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
- Who Eryn is and some of the ways she's choosing to create meaning in her life currently.
- How we've both expanded the definition of “purpose” in our lives.
- How Eryn got into breathwork and some of the ways you can use breathwork in your life.
- Embracing flexibility in the practice of breathwork and all areas of self-care.
- Eryn's experience of growing up in a Southern Baptist household and coming to a point of rejecting the church's teachings.
- My own experiences growing up in a religious household with extremely religious parents.
- What it's been like for each of us to try to stay in relationship with our parents knowing we're not fully accepted by them.
- Eryn's witchcraft practice.
- How Eryn works to embody cultural appreciation rather than cultural appropriation with practices that originated from communities of color.
- Why it's inappropriate to deem yourself an expert on practices that don't come from your own cultural traditions.
- The ways access and affordability keep people from being able to learn and teach their own cultural practices.
- Eryn's love for pole dancing and what it means to her.
- The need for pole dancers to honor the movement practice's origins in sex work and support the rights of sex workers.
Mentioned in This Episode
- My episode of Eryn's Living Open podcast
- My Follow Your Arrow membership program
- You can find some free guided breathwork meditations recommend by Eryn here, here, and here
- The Bahá'í Faith
- “Praying” by Kesha
- Sky Candy Austin
- Burlesque and Aerials for All Bodies with Ginger Snaps | #11
Featured in This Episode
Eryn Johnson (she/her) is a Philly-based healing artist and writer. She facilitates somatic and energetic healing work to help others feel their feelings, invoke their innate creativity, and embody themselves. She also hosts the Living Open podcast for mystics and seekers, a storytelling project to support folks’ healing. Eryn is vegan, bisexual, a writer of poetry, and a pole dancer. You can keep up with Eryn on her website and Instagram.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Eryn's work. You can download either Eryn's free breathwork meditation for daily practice or Eryn's free breathwork meditation for ex-religious folks, and doing so will add you to Eryn's email list.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.