Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
- How much of a travesty it is that people see colorful and joyful things as childish and unprofessional.
- Who Ty is and what lights them up.
- Being more discerning about what we want and what we'll accept in our relationships with others.
- The ways in which queer folks learn to put everyone else's needs above their own.
- Why knowing your worth and power are not a bad thing.
- The importance of visible representation for marginalized identities.
- How it's never too late to learn more about yourself
- How what we extend to others becomes easier to extend to ourselves.
- Why we need breaks from constantly bettering ourselves to allow for integration.
- Accepting that your journey is happening exactly as it's supposed to.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Ty's “Nicole Scherzinger who?” TikTok video
- Ty's first viral TikTok video about being misgendered
- Eckhart Tolle
Featured in This Episode
Ty Deran (they/she) is a nonbinary actor/singer/content creator committed to creating entertaining, educational, and queer-affirming content. Ty’s journey back to the self, catalyzed by the pandemic, has led them to use their voice to encourage all folks to see themselves beyond society’s rules and expectations, to honor the infinity within us, and to love ourselves as we are—not just as the world expects us to be. You can keep up with Ty on their TikTok and Instagram.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
Share the love!
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.
Each week, I pour my heart into The Sunday Share to bring creative and valuable insights to your inbox that you won’t want to miss.