Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
Tiffany Roe is the therapist and content creator behind one of my favorite mental health Instagram accounts, and it was a delight to interview her for the podcast. Tiffany’s refreshing and joyful approach to helping people deal with their feelings makes her corner of the internet a bright one. Our conversation aims to break down the stigma around addressing mental health with a lot of laughter along the way.
- All the different ways Tiffany is working to change the mental health game.
- Where the “Therapy Is Cool” slogan came from and what it means to her.
- The harmful stigma associated with going to therapy.
- Some of the pitfalls of research and not giving more weight to lived experience.
- How Tiffany applies the philosophy of “Feel Deal Heal” to different situations.
- The power of leaning into difficult feelings instead of trying to avoid them.
- What it can look like to do inner child work and different tools you can use to connect with little you.
- The difference between affirmations and mantras.
- How to embrace affirmations when they feel silly or fake to you.
- Tiffany’s reminder that you’re not alone in your feelings, even when it feels like you are.
- How Tiffany defines health and wellness for herself at this moment in her life.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Tiffany’s awesome events, like dance parties and “theraoke.”
- Intuitive Eating Past, Present, and Future with Evelyn Tribole | #56
Featured in This Episode
Tiffany Roe (she/her) is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, award winning psychology teacher, speaker, and the owner of Mindful Counseling LLC in Orem, Utah. She feels called to work with women and to help them find their purpose and self-worth. Tiffany believes you can love yourself, your body, and your relationship with food. She is here to make mental health support and education accessible, break the stigma, and change the mental health game. You can find Tiffany on her website, Instagram, and podcast.
Take a Deeper Dive into Redefining Health & Wellness
- All episodes are available to listen to on a variety of podcast players, including Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
- Join the conversation with host Shohreh Davoodi on Instagram and Facebook, and access exclusive podcast content on Patreon.
- Sign up for Shohreh's email newsletter to be one of the first to hear about new episodes and announcements.
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to invest in and support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Join my Patreon.
Patreon is a way for badass people like you to stand with and celebrate the creators you love (like me!). While becoming a patron is primarily a declaration that you believe in the content I'm already putting out, you'll also get extra perks for joining, such as podcast exclusives and Q&A recordings. Learn more and sign up here.
2. Leave a tip.
Can't commit to ongoing contributions right now? Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app:
3. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode, and ratings and reviews help other people who could benefit from the podcast's content to actually find it. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts, and then scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. And if you're enjoying the podcast overall or specific episodes in particular, don't hesitate to share with the people in your life or give a shout-out on social media.