Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
Tiffany Roe is the therapist and content creator behind one of my favorite mental health Instagram accounts, and it was a delight to interview her for the podcast. Tiffany's refreshing and joyful approach to helping people deal with their feelings makes her corner of the internet a bright one. Our conversation aims to break down the stigma around addressing mental health with a lot of laughter along the way.
- All the different ways Tiffany is working to change the mental health game.
- Where the “Therapy Is Cool” slogan came from and what it means to her.
- The harmful stigma associated with going to therapy.
- Some of the pitfalls of research and not giving more weight to lived experience.
- How Tiffany applies the philosophy of “Feel Deal Heal” to different situations.
- The power of leaning into difficult feelings instead of trying to avoid them.
- What it can look like to do inner child work and different tools you can use to connect with little you.
- The difference between affirmations and mantras.
- How to embrace affirmations when they feel silly or fake to you.
- Tiffany's reminder that you're not alone in your feelings, even when it feels like you are.
- How Tiffany defines health and wellness for herself at this moment in her life.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Tiffany's awesome events, like dance parties and “theraoke.”
- Intuitive Eating Past, Present, and Future with Evelyn Tribole | #56
Featured in This Episode
Tiffany Roe (she/her) is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, award-winning psychology teacher, speaker, and the owner of Mindful Counseling LLC in Orem, Utah. She feels called to work with women and to help them find their purpose and self-worth. Tiffany believes you can love yourself, your body, and your relationship with food. She is here to make mental health support and education accessible, break the stigma, and change the mental health game. You can find Tiffany on her website, Instagram, and podcast.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Tiffany's work. Check out Tiffany's amazing courses and her FEEL DEAL HEAL Fun Pack.
The Queer Agenda
The Queer Agenda is a newsletter dedicated to uplifting LGBTQIA+ folks (where our accomplices benefit too) by sharing thoughtful tools, strategies, advice, and encouragement to help us heal and come home to ourselves. It’s equal parts warm hug, gentle kick in the ass, and queer magic.