Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
Tiffany Roe is the therapist and content creator behind one of my favorite mental health Instagram accounts, and it was a delight to interview her for the podcast. Tiffany's refreshing and joyful approach to helping people deal with their feelings makes her corner of the internet a bright one. Our conversation aims to break down the stigma around addressing mental health with a lot of laughter along the way.
- All the different ways Tiffany is working to change the mental health game.
- Where the “Therapy Is Cool” slogan came from and what it means to her.
- The harmful stigma associated with going to therapy.
- Some of the pitfalls of research and not giving more weight to lived experience.
- How Tiffany applies the philosophy of “Feel Deal Heal” to different situations.
- The power of leaning into difficult feelings instead of trying to avoid them.
- What it can look like to do inner child work and different tools you can use to connect with little you.
- The difference between affirmations and mantras.
- How to embrace affirmations when they feel silly or fake to you.
- Tiffany's reminder that you're not alone in your feelings, even when it feels like you are.
- How Tiffany defines health and wellness for herself at this moment in her life.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Tiffany's awesome events, like dance parties and “theraoke.”
- Intuitive Eating Past, Present, and Future with Evelyn Tribole | #56
Featured in This Episode
Tiffany Roe (she/her) is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, award-winning psychology teacher, speaker, and the owner of Mindful Counseling LLC in Orem, Utah. She feels called to work with women and to help them find their purpose and self-worth. Tiffany believes you can love yourself, your body, and your relationship with food. She is here to make mental health support and education accessible, break the stigma, and change the mental health game. You can find Tiffany on her website, Instagram, and podcast.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
Share the love!
I’m a self-trust coach, content creator, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.
Each week, I pour my heart into The Sunday Share to bring creative and valuable insights to your inbox that you won’t want to miss.