The Girl Gang invited the Redefining Health & Wellness audience to submit questions for us to answer in this episode, and our listeners did not disappoint. If you’ve been curious about how the three of us are surviving the pandemic, how Ally gets by with hella long acrylics, or what movies turned us on when we were kids, this episode was made for you. And if, like most people, you’ve never spent a single second wondering about any of those topics, you’ll still probably get a kick out of our conversation.
- How we’re holding up in the midst of the pandemic (which devolved into a discussion about eyebrows).
- The sadness of being grounded aerialists right now and what we’ve been doing for movement instead.
- Tools we’re using to keep our mental health in check while the world is on fire.
- The best culture we’ve each consumed during quarantine thus far.
- Ally’s best tips for functioning with super long acrylic nails.
- Our snack preferences.
- Adult friendships and all of their complexities, as well as how to make friends as an adult.
- Interesting Wikipedia pages we’ve found ourselves on.
- Movies (or in Shohreh’s case, a music video) that turned us on when we were young.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- The personalized exercise programming Shohreh has been offering during the pandemic
- Online class offerings of our studio, Sky Candy
- The Watermelon Sugar music video from Harry Styles
- Middleditch and Schwartz Netflix special
- Avatar: The Last Airbender TV series
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle (and both Glennon’s Instagram and Abby Wambach’s Instagram)
- Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia album
- Never Have I Ever on Netflix
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Golden Girls
- Sailor Moon
- The Darker The Weather // The Better The Man album by MISSIO
- I See You song by MISSIO
- Ally’s version of long nails vs Shohreh’s version of long nails
- Bling Ring Wikipedia page
- Aileen Wuornos Wikipedia page
- Monster movie
- Monarch butterfly Wikipedia page
- Shohreh’s monarch Instagram story highlight
- TV Tropes website
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience TV trope
- The Titanic scene where Leo draws Kate in the nude
- The scene from Aladdin where Jafar has captured Jasmine
- The scene from Barbarella with the biting dolls
- The scene from Barbarella where she’s in the machine that tries to orgasm her to death
- Young Devon Sawa vs Sailor Uranus
- The Notebook
- Baby Boy music video with Beyoncé featuring Sean Paul
- Shakira’s She Wolf music video
- Beyoncé Super Bowl promo image for GQ
- What’s Your Fantasy – Ludacris
- S&M – Rihanna
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Additionally, if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, leaving a review helps make sure that other people who could benefit from this content can actually find it. Click HERE, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to tell me about your favorite part of the podcast.
Featured on this Episode:
The Girl Gang is made up of Shohreh Davoodi, host of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast, as well as two of her closest friends, Tiffany Cunningham and Ally Ridnour.
Tiffany (she/her) is a graphic designer, aerial enthusiast, fanfic author, cat mom, gay fairy gothmother, and bisexual human disaster. An actual Austin, Texas native, she’s been keeping her hometown weird long before it was cool. She is proud to be friends with Shohreh, and their friendship has grown through their shared passions for aerials and pop punk, mental health struggles, and experiences as queer women thumbing their noses at the patriarchy. You can find Tiffany on Instagram.
Shohreh (she/her) is a certified intuitive eating counselor, certified personal trainer, and a rainbow glitter bomb of a human. Through her online coaching and consulting work, Shohreh helps people give diet culture the finger so they can focus more on the people, projects, and passions that light them up. In her free time, she enjoys exploring the great outdoors, singing emo music at the top of her lungs, playing with her two pups, crafting, trapezing, gardening, and baking. You can find Shohreh on Instagram.
Ally (she/her) is an aerialist, a horror movie enthusiast, and a proud member of the Girl Gang. She has been described as “actually a trench coat filled with snakes and chaos” as well as “literally a demon,” and she feels those are pretty accurate descriptions. When she’s not busy filling every space she encounters with chaotic energy, she can probably be found laughing about farts or giving long-winded speeches about her weird taste in music to unappreciative audiences. She has a lot of opinions. You can find Ally on Instagram.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
Support the Podcast!
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to invest in and support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Join my Patreon.
Patreon is a way for badass people like you to stand with and celebrate the creators you love (like me!). While becoming a patron is primarily a declaration that you believe in the content I'm already putting out, you'll also get extra perks for joining, such as podcast exclusives and Q&A recordings. Learn more and sign up here.
2. Leave a tip.
Can't commit to ongoing contributions right now? Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app:
3. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode, and ratings and reviews help other people who could benefit from the podcast's content to actually find it. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts, and then scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. And if you're enjoying the podcast overall or specific episodes in particular, don't hesitate to share with the people in your life or give a shout-out on social media.