While nobody has to exercise, there’s no denying that exercise can be great for our physical and mental health. In a perfect world, everyone would find exercise intrinsically enjoyable and always be motivated to do it. Unfortunately, those who despise exercise find themselves having to choose between being miserable and abandoning movement altogether.
Is there any hope for the exercise haters of the world to reap the benefits without the experience sucking so much? I think so, and I make that case in this episode.
If you think you hate exercise, it’s worth exploring where that hatred comes from as a first step. If you can unpack your feelings about exercise and deal with them at the source, it might change your relationship with movement for the better. And even if it doesn’t, there are still a handful of things you can try to make exercising itself less awful.
Even if you never love exercise, hopefully this episode will help you learn to tolerate it more so it can still be a part of your life (assuming you want it to be).
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Linda Whillikers’s instagram post on not finding joy in movement
- My instagram post with tips for people who don’t find exercise particularly joyful
- Linda’s fat activism blog, Fluffy Kitten Party
- HAES-Friendly Fitness with Karen Preene | #28
- Blog post: 20 Reasons To Exercise (That Don’t Involve Weight Loss)
- Why I No Longer Coach Intentional Weight Loss | #10
- Couch to 5K program
- Visualization technique
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
t, if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, leaving a review helps make sure that other people who could benefit from this content can actually find it. Click HERE, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is.
Featured on this Episode:
Shohreh Davoodi, the host of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast, is a weight-inclusive wellness coach located in Austin, Texas. She is certified in intuitive eating and personal training and helps clients improve their relationships with exercise, food, and their bodies. You can work with Shohreh online from anywhere in the world. Find her on her website, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
- You can also listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, & Google Play, or right-click HERE and select “Save Link As” to download this episode to your computer.
- For a full transcript of this episode, click HERE.
- Join the conversation in the free Redefining Health & Wellness Facebook group, or with Shohreh on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Support the Podcast!
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is lovingly brought into the world through an investment of time, money, and energy. If you appreciate the podcast and what you are learning from it, consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo or the Cash app. Every dollar supports my livelihood and the creation of this important content.
Cash App: cash.app/$ShohrehDavoodi