Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
After tons of behind-the-scenes work, Redefining Health & Wellness has been officially rebranded to Conjuring Up Courage. Welcome to the next evolution of the show! I hope you'll stick around to see what's in store, starting with today's solo episode.
If you're curious about why I rebranded the podcast and how Conjuring Up Courage came into being, I delve into all the details in the first part of this episode. From there, I move into answering a variety of listener questions that y'all submitted.
You'll get to hear me talk about:
- The ups and downs of being a pet parent to my fluff monsters, Alamo and Peppermint;
- Details about my two major career shifts;
- Whether or not intentional weight loss and intuitive eating are compatible;
- How to figure out if a person, company, or platform can be trusted;
- Addressing impostor syndrome when you're first starting out as a fitness coach; and
- The decision to come out or not.
While I couldn't answer every question that was submitted, I appreciate everyone who took the time to write one.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of the podcast's journey and supporting me in these changes to the show. The podcast would be nothing without y'all, and your love for the show keeps me going even when it's a grind.
Here's to Conjuring Up Courage, long may she reign!
Mentioned in This Episode
- [Self-Trust Series] Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- Kelly Diels
- What You Can Do If You Think You Hate Exercising | #33
- Blog post: Embracing Joyful Movement
- Redefining How You Relate to Money with Ian Libardo Tennant | #18
- Financial Self-Care and Values-Based Spending with Kara Perez | #65
- You Need A Budget (YNAB) software
- Nick True YNAB Videos
- My YNAB referral link
- Austin Pets Alive!
- Kelly Cutchin
- Impostor Syndrome, Speaking Your Truth, and Black Joy with Abimbola Oladokun | #79
Featured in This Episode
Shohreh Davoodi (she/her) is the host of the Conjuring Up Courage podcast. Shohreh is a self-trust coach, a bit of a mind witch, and a rainbow glitter bomb of a human. Through her content and coaching, she helps people develop their consciousness, care, and courage practices so they can be more of who they are (and less haunted by who they think they're supposed to be). When she's not working, Shohreh enjoys exploring the great outdoors, playing with her two pups, crafting, trapezing, gardening, and baking. Find Shohreh on her website, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.