Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
Just a quick heads up that I am now enrolling members into the January 2022 cohort of my year-long membership program, Follow Your Arrow. To learn more and become a member, click here.
- Who Nitika is and what she's feeling passionate about these days.
- Some of the struggles and benefits of entrepreneurship.
- How Nitika's relationship with her chronic illness has changed over time.
- Having hobbies and interests without capitalistic value.
- What it's been like for Nitika to live at the intersection of having a chronic illness and being Southeast Asian.
- Nitika's definition of self-love.
- The choice we have between numbing out and going inward.
- Ways those without chronic illness can support their loved ones with chronic illness.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Nitika's company, Chronicon.
Featured in This Episode
Nitika Chopra (she/her) is the founder of Chronicon, a media and events company dedicated to elevating the lives of those living with chronic illness. Nitika was diagnosed with psoriasis at the age of 10 and psoriatic arthritis at the age of 19 and lived over 17 years of her life being defined by her conditions. In 2010, she decided to take all of the lessons her health journey had taught her and use them to help others with the creation of her online magazine, Bella Life. Since the start of her entrepreneurial journey, Nitika has hosted her own TV talk show on Z Living called Naturally Beautiful, hosted over 40 events with hundreds of guests in attendance, and created dynamic partnerships with over 150 brands in the wellness space. You can keep up with Nitika on her website, Instagram, and Twitter, and stay up to date with Chronicon on the company's website, Instagram, and Twitter.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Nitika's work. If you're living with chronic illness, consider joining The Chronicon Community, and if you're not living with chronic illness, you have the opportunity to sponsor a member.
The Queer Agenda
The Queer Agenda is a newsletter dedicated to uplifting LGBTQIA+ folks (where our accomplices benefit too) by sharing thoughtful tools, strategies, advice, and encouragement to help us heal and come home to ourselves. It’s equal parts warm hug, gentle kick in the ass, and queer magic.