Every year, millions of people eagerly set New Year’s resolutions only to abandon them shortly thereafter. Their intentions are good, but their resolutions and goals are doomed from the start because they don’t think them through.
In this episode, I attempt to help you avoid that fate by explaining how to set more effective goals for yourself. I discuss the importance of having a strong why and not bullshitting yourself on the real reasons certain goals feel important to you. I also talk about the differences between setting process-based goals and outcome-based goals and why you should assess your environment.
With better planning on the front end and continuous check-ins on the back end, you’ll be on your way to achieving your resolutions in the new year.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Damaging Effects of Diet Culture | #16
- Ditch Diet Culture Resource Guide
- 10 Reasons to Stop Dieting Forever blog post
- The Most Important Question of Your Life – Mark Manson
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Additionally, if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, leaving a review helps make sure that other people who could benefit from this content can actually find it. Click HERE, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is.
Featured on this Episode:
Shohreh Davoodi, the host of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast, is a weight-inclusive wellness coach located in Austin, Texas. She is certified in intuitive eating and personal training and helps clients improve their relationships with exercise, food, and their bodies. You can work with Shohreh online from anywhere in the world. Find her on her website, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
- You can also listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, & Google Play, or right-click HERE and select “Save Link As” to download this episode to your computer.
- For a full transcript of this episode, click HERE.
- Join the conversation in the free Redefining Health & Wellness Facebook group, or with Shohreh on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Support the Podcast!
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is lovingly brought into the world through an investment of time, money, and energy. If you appreciate the podcast and what you are learning from it, consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo or the Cash app. Every dollar supports my livelihood and the creation of this important content.
Cash App: cash.app/$ShohrehDavoodi