Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
- Dawn's work as a sex & relationship coach.
- Some of Dawn's favorite pleasures.
- How we both have chosen to let go of projects we were only tolerating, rather than actually enjoying.
- Grappling with challenging emotions as a pathway to more joy and pleasure.
- How small moments of pleasure can coexist with pain and struggle.
- Recognizing the both/and nature of our bodies in their ability to hold negative and positive experiences at the same time.
- How there is no hierarchy of pleasurable things, and it's important to let others like what they like.
- The affirming nature of being in relationships where everyone cheers for each other's pleasure and respects each other's boundaries.
- Checking in and co-creating when making plans with the people you love.
- How some people won't be able to meet you where you're at when you start honoring your yes.
- Being careful not to throw emotional grenades in the relationships that are important to you.
- Dawn's suggestions for how to start getting in touch with your pleasure.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Follow Your Arrow membership program
- Sex Gets Real podcast
- Dawn's Power in Pleasure course
- Dawn's annual Explore More online conference
- Prentis Hemphill
- The Joy of Being Selfish with Michelle Elman | #84
Featured in This Episode
Dawn Serra (she/her) is a therapeutic sex & relationship coach and pleasure advocate. As a white, cis, middle class, queer, fat, survivor, Dawn's work is a fiercely compassionate invitation for each of us to deepen our relationships with our bodies and our pleasure as an antidote to the trauma, disconnection, and isolation so many of us feel. Your pleasure matters. Your body is wise. Dawn's work is all about creating spaces and places for you to explore what that means on your terms. You can keep up with Dawn on her website and Instagram.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Dawn's work. Check out Dawn's 5-week, online course, Power in Pleasure.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
Share the love!
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.
Each week, I pour my heart into The Sunday Share to bring creative and valuable insights to your inbox that you won’t want to miss.