Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
If you're one of the many folks who finds the experience of dating frustrating and disappointing, Queer Dating Coach, Ariella Serur, may be able to help you shift your mindset. And while Ariella specializes in working with queer folks, her dating advice is applicable to everyone. So tune in to learn how to date better.
- Our backgrounds in music and art and how many of the skills are transferable to business ownership.
- Some of the unique challenges that queer folks face when dating vs straight folks.
- The role of expectations in the dating experience.
- Shifting the definition of “success” when it comes to first dates.
- How to hate dating apps a little less.
- Other ways to meet people outside of dating apps.
- The worry about hitting on folks who aren't queer.
- What makes for a great dating profile.
- How nothing is set in stone when it comes to dating and you can always change your approach.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Ariella's episode of The Relationships Show
- Post about first date expectations from @findingmrheight that Ariella references
- How To Tell If Someone’s Queer (And How To Connect Regardless) Ebook
- Hinge dating app
Featured in This Episode
Ariella Serur (she/they) is a Queer Dating Coach on a mission to disrupt traditional dating advice and transform the dating pool into one we enthusiastically want to jump into. In her practice, she helps kind, queer folks navigate the dating landscape so they have the courage to go after what they want in dating and in life, without feeling overwhelmed or exhausted. If you want to learn how to date, or date better, she'll help you understand what you want and how to talk about it, so dating becomes an enjoyable process and satiating part of your personal growth journey. Ariella is a Certified Life Coach, Registered Yoga Teacher, and is currently receiving a Graduate Advanced Certificate from Columbia University's School of Psychology in Sexuality, Women, and Gender with a concentration in LGBTQ Issues. You can keep up with Ariella on her website and Instagram.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Ariella's work. Learn more about her Date Better Bootcamp.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.