Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
- Who Eva is and what they're passionate about.
- The super-duper ally phase that many queer folks go through.
- Common sexual scripts and rules that can hold people back.
- Sexual compatibility.
- Sexting and privacy concerns.
- How to get started with dating as a baby queer in particular.
- Why sexual experience isn't everything.
- The importance of communication for casual sexual encounters.
- Not expecting sexual partners to be able to read your mind.
- Other ways to find out what partners like besides asking “What do you like?”
- How you can start to learn what kinds of sexual touch you enjoy through self-exploration.
- What queerness is to Eva.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Erica Smith
- Purity Culture and Sexual Health with Erica Smith | #5
- Compulsory Heterosexuality (aka CompHet)
- Bridgerton TV show
- The Hays Code
- I May Destroy You TV show
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Period Sex song
- Honey Play Box
- Gabrielle Alexa
- Signal app
- Private Photo Vault app
- Bumble dating app
- HER dating app
- Girl Sex 101 by Allison Moon
Ample + Rooted Guided Meditation
This episode is brought to you in part by Ample + Rooted, an inclusive therapy practice directed by Neathery Falchuk that provides an affirming and welcoming home for diverse individuals to reclaim their inherent worth. The awesome practitioners at Ample + Rooted not only serve folks locally here in Austin, they also serve folks online all over the globe. Through therapy, mindfulness practices, courses, trainings, and events, they support, guide, and hold space for folks to feel valued and nourished. The Ample + Rooted group created an exclusive guided meditation on Cultivating Self-Trust and Embodied Wisdom for listeners of Conjuring Up Courage, which you can access for free by clicking here. Also be sure to check out the Ample + Rooted website and Instagram.
Featured in This Episode
Eva Bloom (she/they) is a queer sexuality educator and sex science communicator. They aim to break down the rigid scripts around sexuality and affirm marginalized individuals to build their most authentic sex lives, feel at home in their identities, and have confidence in navigating their sexual health. She is the creator of the digital sexual wellness program, “F*ck the Patriarchy, F*ck Yourself” and the YouTube web series,”What's My Body Doing.” In her spare time, Eva loves dancing her heart out and reading every sapphic YA novel they can get their hands on. You can keep up with Eva on her website, Instagram, and YouTube channel.
Did you benefit from this episode? You can show your appreciation by supporting Eva's work. Sign up for Eva's newsletter (scroll down to the bottom of the home page on their website), or take her online course, “F*ck the Patriarchy, F*ck Yourself.”
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
I’m a self-trust coach, writer, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.