[This episode is part of the Health and Wellness Changemakers Series sponsored by Superfit Hero.]
Anna Chapman is an unapologetically fat-positive person, but it has taken her a lot of hard work to get to this point. By reclaiming words that were once used to hurt her, abandoning the pursuit of “flattering” in order to discover what feels good, and learning to become more grounded in her body, Anna has been able to thrive. And in this episode, she talks about how you can learn to do the same.
- Who Anna is and what she’s all about, including the podcast she just started.
- Brand strategy and some of the mistakes brands make when trying to reach fat folx.
- The problem with the idea of “flattering.”
- Anna’s advice for how someone can stop dressing for others and start figuring out what they actually want to wear.
- The importance of practicing pleasure.
- Anna’s experience being a part of Joyn and how accessibility and options have been at the forefront.
- How exercise still “counts” even if it doesn’t meet preconceived notions of what exercise “should” be.
- What inspired her “mindful minute” series on social media.
- Anna’s personal experience of reclaiming the word “fat.”
- Her advice for how you can begin this reclamation for yourself if you want to.
- The role that non-fat people play when it comes to being an ally to fat people.
- How the fat community is not a monolith and members of the community have differing and ever-changing opinions.
- How Anna defines health and wellness for herself at this moment in her life.
Mentioned in this Episode:
This Episode is Part of the Health and Wellness Changemakers Series
Sponsored by Superfit Hero
I am so grateful to be collaborating with the body-positive brand Superfit Hero to introduce you to these changemakers who are taking the health and wellness industry in a new direction. The series runs from episode #37 to episode #48, so be sure to catch them all. Superfit Hero is an inclusive activewear brand with sizes that range from XS-5XL, and they aim to provide clothing for ultimate confidence, no matter your size or sport. To get 15% off your first order, you can use the special series discount code, CHANGEMAKER, when you check out at superfithero.com. And if you enjoyed the Superfit Hero Wellness Tip of the Week, be sure to check out the dozens of amazing coaches and trainers in Superfit Hero’s Body Positive Fitness Finder.
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Additionally, if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, leaving a review helps make sure that other people who could benefit from this content can actually find it. Click HERE, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to tell me about your favorite part of the podcast.
Featured on this Episode:
Anna Chapman is a fat-positive Yoga and meditation teacher, joy creator, brand strategist, emotional researcher, and badass, untrained, free-form dancer. Anna’s mission in life is to help create liberated spaces for fat folx to thrive and heal. You can find Anna on her website, Instagram, and podcast.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
Support the Podcast!
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is lovingly brought into the world through an investment of time, money, and energy. If you appreciate the podcast and what you are learning from it, consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo or the Cash app. Every dollar supports my livelihood and the creation of this important content.