I am far from an “influencer” so I don’t work with a lot of brands to begin with, but Superfit Hero is one brand that has impressed me from the start. Under the leadership of Micki Krimmel, this size-inclusive activewear company is leading the way in body positivity, both talking the talk and walking the walk.
It was such a joy to have Micki on the podcast to talk about how Superfit Hero got its start, the truth about creating clothing in larger sizes, why the brand has decided to stick with body positivity even as others are abandoning it, and more.
- The winding road that Micki took to launch Superfit Hero with no background in fashion.
- How roller derby was a huge change from Micki’s previous fitness pursuits to simply get skinny.
- The inclusiveness and body positivity of roller derby that led to the values behind Superfit Hero as a brand.
- Micki’s discovery that there was a hole in the market for size-inclusive activewear.
- The Kickstarter campaign that provided Superfit Hero’s initial round of funding.
- Size inclusivity as a feminist issue.
- Where the name Superfit Hero comes from.
- The company’s aim to sponsor athletes, such as Sarah Robles. who are being ignored by more mainstream brands.
- The nuts and bolts of creating clothing in larger sizes (spoiler alert: it’s not as hard as you’d think considering how many brands are ignoring this huge part of the market).
- Brands who claim to be size-inclusive or body positive but aren’t walking the walk.
- Usable pockets as a feminist calling card.
- The beautiful community that is Superfit Hero’s customer Facebook group.
- How to use the Body Positive Fitness Finder or apply to join it.
- The co-opting of body positivity, intuitive eating, etc., as well as the real confusion about what these and similar terms mean.
- Some of what we can expect from Superfit Hero in 2020.
- How Micki defines health and wellness for herself at this moment in her life, including using her movement practice as a way to center herself.
Additionally, if you’ve never tried out any of Superfit Hero’s gear and you’d like to, you can use my discount code SDAVOODI15 for 15% off your first purchase. I don’t get any kind of kickback if you use my code. This is simply a brand that I strongly believe in and want to share with my audience.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Superfit Hero Sponsored Athletes
- Superfit Hero’s private Facebook group for fitness talk, discounts, pet photos, and more
The Partnership Guidelines to join the Body Positive Fitness Finder
- Amber Karnes, Illya Parker, and the Body Positive Fitness Alliance
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Additionally, if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, leaving a review helps make sure that other people who could benefit from this content can actually find it. Click HERE, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is.
Featured on this Episode:
Micki Krimmel is the founder of Superfit Hero, a body-positive lifestyle brand with a mission to make fitness more inclusive. Superfit Hero makes confidence-inspiring activewear for athletes size XS-5XL and connects people with opportunities for joyful movement with the Body Positive Fitness Finder. You can connect with Superfit Hero on their website, Instagram, Facebook, and free, private Facebook group for fitness talk, discounts, and more.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
- You can also listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, & Google Play, or right-click HERE and select “Save Link As” to download this episode to your computer.
- For a full transcript of this episode, click HERE.
- Join the conversation in the free Redefining Health & Wellness Facebook group, or with Shohreh on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Support the Podcast!
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is lovingly brought into the world through an investment of time, money, and energy. If you appreciate the podcast and what you are learning from it, consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo or the Cash app. Every dollar supports my livelihood and the creation of this important content.