Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
One episode wasn’t enough for The Girl Gang to cover all the unladylike topics in the world, so we decided to a do second one. Like the first round, this episode gives a big ol’ middle finger to the patriarchy and all of the bullshit that goes with it. Please join us as we channel our collective rage into humor and real talk.
- The ridiculous expectations placed on women and femmes regarding body hair.
- Our various hair removal and hair growing experiences.
- The value in experimenting with your body hair to see what works for you.
- How unnecessary it is to judge people for their clothing choices.
- Wearing “flattering” clothes and “dressing for your shape.”
- Sexist school dress codes and dressing “slutty.”
- The thin privilege of being able to wear athleisure, messy buns, etc.
- Keeping your opinions about other people’s clothing to yourself.
- The bullshit idea that tattoos and piercings somehow make you less “feminine.”
- The shame we’re taught to feel for masturbating or buying sex toys.
- The fact that you don’t have to do sexual acts or positions that you don’t like or that don’t feel good.
- How we’re only shown vulvas and breasts that look a certain way in media and porn.
- The torture chambers that are push-up bras.
- The choice to be child-free, which all three of us have made for ourselves.
- How if you’re going to have a kid you better be prepared to love them no matter what.
Mentioned in This Episode
Featured in This Episode
The Girl Gang is made up of Shohreh Davoodi, host of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast, as well as two of her closest friends, Tiffany Cunningham and Ally Ridnour.
Shohreh (she/her) is a self-trust coach, mind witch, and rainbow glitter bomb of a human. Through her online coaching and consulting work, Shohreh helps people develop their consciousness, care, and courage practices so they can live their lives in alignment with who they know themselves to be. In her free time, she enjoys exploring the great outdoors, singing emo music at the top of her lungs, playing with her two pups, crafting, trapezing, gardening, and baking. You can find Shohreh on Instagram.
Tiffany (she/her) is a graphic designer, aerial enthusiast, fanfic author, cat mom, gay fairy gothmother, and bisexual human disaster. An actual Austin, Texas native, she’s been keeping her hometown weird long before it was cool. She is proud to be friends with Shohreh, and their friendship has grown through their shared passions for aerials and pop punk, mental health struggles, and experiences as queer women thumbing their noses at the patriarchy. You can find Tiffany on Instagram.
Ally (she/her) is an aerialist, a horror movie enthusiast, and a proud member of the Girl Gang. She has been described as “actually a trench coat filled with snakes and chaos” as well as “literally a demon,” and she feels those are pretty accurate descriptions. When she’s not busy filling every space she encounters with chaotic energy, she can probably be found laughing about farts or giving long-winded speeches about her weird taste in music to unappreciative audiences. She has a lot of opinions. You can find Ally on Instagram.
Take a Deeper Dive into Redefining Health & Wellness
- All episodes are available to listen to on a variety of podcast players, including Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
- Join the conversation with host Shohreh Davoodi on Instagram and Facebook, and access exclusive podcast content on Patreon.
- Sign up for Shohreh's email newsletter to be one of the first to hear about new episodes and announcements.
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to invest in and support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Join my Patreon.
Patreon is a way for badass people like you to stand with and celebrate the creators you love (like me!). While becoming a patron is primarily a declaration that you believe in the content I'm already putting out, you'll also get extra perks for joining, such as podcast exclusives and Q&A recordings. Learn more and sign up here.
2. Leave a tip.
Can't commit to ongoing contributions right now? Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app:
3. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode, and ratings and reviews help other people who could benefit from the podcast's content to actually find it. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts, and then scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. And if you're enjoying the podcast overall or specific episodes in particular, don't hesitate to share with the people in your life or give a shout-out on social media.