Guess who’s back? Back again? Girl Gang’s back! Tell a friend.
Thaaaaat’s right. The first Girl Gang episode with Ally and Tiffany was so widely beloved that I have officially elevated them to friends of the pod. That means you can expect to hear a lot more from these two in the future.
In this episode, we tackle tons of topics that “ladies” are not supposed to speak openly and honestly about, from periods to farts to orgasms. We want to help extinguish the shame associated with topics like these and encourage you to find people you can trust to have similar discussions with.
Some of what we discuss in this episode may make you a little bit squeamish, and I encourage you to dig into why that is. Societal conditioning has taught us that it’s inappropriate to talk about our own weird and wild bodies, but we think that’s bullshit. So strap in and prepare for poop jokes, y’all.
[Note: This episode is particularly explicit, so don’t listen to this one around kiddos!]
- Pooping in all of its forms and glory and the different things we’ve noticed affect our bowel movements.
- Things that have to do with having a vagina, from period blood to UTIs to different kinds of discharge.
- The bullshit douching industry and why your vagina smells just fine.
- How disconcerting the general lack of information around vaginas is for everyone.
- Orgasms and the dismissal of female pleasure.
- The spread of misinformation about people who have vaginas and how girls in particular are taught that they’re not supposed to talk about their bodies because it’s shameful.
- How angry the fear of period blood makes us.
- Unrealistic expectations for women’s buttholes.
- The double standard when it comes to women farting vs men farting.
- The results of the “fart tally” the Girl Gang kept at one point and some of our experiences accidentally farting on or near others.
- Why it’s important to find friends that you can talk about this intimate kind of stuff with to both normalize it and help you catch things that may not be normal.
- Misconceptions about people who curse and the different ways our parents reacted to it.
- The problems with the whole idea of being “ladylike.”
- The energy we want to bring into 2020, gassy or otherwise.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Girl Gang Talks Bisexuality Myths and Misconceptions | #12
- The poop chart (aka the Bristol Stool Chart)
- Andy Dwyer talking about his wiping problem in a Parks and Rec outtake
- What you need to know about douching
- Potential causes of abnormal vaginal odor
- Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski
- What “The Orgasm Gap” is and how we can close it + more data broken down about The Orgasm Gap (note that both of these articles discuss gender in terms of men and women because the studies only looked at people who identify as men and women, which means genderqueer and non-binary people are left out of this data)
- Preparing for anal sex web comic
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Subscribing to the podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Click HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Additionally, if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, leaving a review helps make sure that other people who could benefit from this content can actually find it. Click HERE, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to tell me about your favorite part of the podcast.
Featured on this Episode:
The Girl Gang is made up of Shohreh, host of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast, as well as two of her closest friends, Tiffany Cunningham and Ally Ridnour.
Tiffany is a graphic designer, aerial enthusiast, fanfic author, cat mom, gay fairy gothmother, and bisexual human disaster. An actual Austin, Texas native, she’s been keeping her hometown weird long before it was cool. She is proud to be friends with Shohreh, and their friendship has grown through their shared passions for aerials and pop punk, mental health struggles, and experiences as queer women thumbing their noses at the patriarchy. You can find Tiffany on Instagram.
Ally is an aerialist, a horror movie enthusiast, and a proud member of the Girl Gang. She has been described as “actually a trench coat filled with snakes and chaos” as well as “literally a demon,” and she feels those are pretty accurate descriptions. When she’s not busy filling every space she encounters with chaotic energy, she can probably be found laughing about farts or giving long-winded speeches about her weird taste in music to unappreciative audiences. She has a lot of opinions. You can find Ally on Instagram.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
- You can also listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, & more, or right-click HERE and select “Save Link As” to download this episode to your computer.
- For a full transcript of this episode, click HERE.
- Join the conversation in the free Redefining Health & Wellness Facebook group, or with Shohreh on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Support the Podcast!
Each episode of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast is lovingly brought into the world through an investment of time, money, and energy. If you appreciate the podcast and what you are learning from it, consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo or the Cash app. Every dollar supports my livelihood and the creation of this important content.
Cash App: cash.app/$ShohrehDavoodi