Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
- How Krista's own creative journey led to her starting her business, Revel in the Mess.
- Barriers to creativity, such as mindless scrolling.
- The benefits of carving out time to do nothing.
- Being mindful of the expectations you're bringing to your creative practices.
- Expanding your definition of what it means to be creative.
- How to get past the belief that there's simply no time in your life for creative pursuits.
- Finding inspiration to create when you have no idea where to start.
- Using creativity and imagination as tools to change the world.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Bored and Brilliant by Manoush Zomorodi
- Why You Keep Quitting and What You Can Do to Change That | #93
- My Follow Your Arrow membership program
- Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Mariame Kaba
- Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown
- Pleasure Activism by adrienne maree brown
Featured in This Episode
Krista Kankula (she/her) is a Creativity Facilitator & Coach, and she is all about helping creatives get to the truth of what they MOST want to create in this next season of their business and creative practice so they can turn their piles of ideas into creative work they’re proud of. Krista can usually be found making messes with paint, gathering inspiration from Mother Nature, or cuddling with her four cats, dog, and partner. She believes we all have imaginative ideas and boundless creativity within each of us and that those ideas and our collective creativity are needed now, more than ever. You can keep up with Krista on her website, Instagram, and Pinterest.
The Queer Agenda
The Queer Agenda is a newsletter dedicated to uplifting LGBTQIA+ folks (where our accomplices benefit too) by sharing thoughtful tools, strategies, advice, and encouragement to help us heal and come home to ourselves. It’s equal parts warm hug, gentle kick in the ass, and queer magic.