Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
- How Krista's own creative journey led to her starting her business, Revel in the Mess.
- Barriers to creativity, such as mindless scrolling.
- The benefits of carving out time to do nothing.
- Being mindful of the expectations you're bringing to your creative practices.
- Expanding your definition of what it means to be creative.
- How to get past the belief that there's simply no time in your life for creative pursuits.
- Finding inspiration to create when you have no idea where to start.
- Using creativity and imagination as tools to change the world.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Bored and Brilliant by Manoush Zomorodi
- Why You Keep Quitting and What You Can Do to Change That | #93
- My Follow Your Arrow membership program
- Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Mariame Kaba
- Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown
- Pleasure Activism by adrienne maree brown
Featured in This Episode
Krista Kankula (she/her) is a Creativity Facilitator & Coach, and she is all about helping creatives get to the truth of what they MOST want to create in this next season of their business and creative practice so they can turn their piles of ideas into creative work they’re proud of. Krista can usually be found making messes with paint, gathering inspiration from Mother Nature, or cuddling with her four cats, dog, and partner. She believes we all have imaginative ideas and boundless creativity within each of us and that those ideas and our collective creativity are needed now, more than ever. You can keep up with Krista on her website, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, don't hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for all the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode for you to enjoy:
Share the love!
I’m a self-trust coach, content creator, and podcast host with a mission to help people figure out who they are and what they value so they can come home to themselves.
Each week, I pour my heart into The Sunday Share to bring creative and valuable insights to your inbox that you won’t want to miss.