Click here to access a written transcript of this episode.
This is the first episode of a three-part Self-Trust Series where I’m talking about the ins and outs of learning to trust yourself. Part 1 is all about what led me to self-trust coaching, how I define self-trust and why it’s important, and who some of my favorite self-trust icons are.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Guest Host Sarah Gray Interviews Shohreh for the Podcast’s First Anniversary | #57
- Owning Your Mistakes and Using Your Culture-Making Power with Kelly Diels | #55
- When Ted Yoho called AOC a “f*cking bitch”
- AOC’s skincare and makeup routine video for Vogue
- AOC questioning Michael Cohen
- AOC’s signature red lipstick, Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso by Stila Cosmetics
- Hayley Williams
- Good Dye Young
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Together Rising
- Glennon Doyle and Abby Wambach‘s Instagrams
- Alok Vaid-Menon
- Beyond the Gender Binary by Alok Vaid-Menon
Free Self-Trust Journaling Prompts Download
Each episode of the podcast’s Self-Trust Series has a companion set of self-trust journaling prompts specific to that episode’s topic that can be downloaded for free. Even if you’re not a journaling person, you can think through the prompts, make a list with them, talk through them with someone you love, or use them in any other creative way you’d like to dive a little deeper into the topic of self-trust.
To access the free download for Part 1 of the Self-Trust Series, click here.
Featured in This Episode
Shohreh Davoodi (she/her) is the host of the Redefining Health & Wellness podcast. Shohreh is a self-trust coach, a bit of a mind witch, and a rainbow glitter bomb of a human. Through her content and coaching, she helps people develop their consciousness, care, and courage practices so they can be more of who they are (and less of who they think they're supposed to be). When she's not working, Shohreh enjoys exploring the great outdoors, singing emo music at the top of her lungs, playing with her two pups, crafting, trapezing, gardening, and baking. Find Shohreh on her website, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Take a Deeper Dive into the Show
- The full catalog of podcast episodes is available to listen to on a variety of podcast players, including Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and Spotify.
- Join the conversation with host Shohreh Davoodi on Instagram and Facebook.
- Sign up for Shohreh's email newsletter to hear about new episodes, announcements, and freebies.
How To Support the Podcast
Each episode of the podcast is carefully crafted with you, the listener, in mind. If you appreciate the podcast and what you're learning from it, there are multiple ways to support it so I can continue to put out episodes for months and years to come.
1. Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click HERE from any Apple device, scroll down to "Ratings and Reviews", and click where it says "Write A Review" to submit one. Lastly, if you're enjoying the podcast overall or specific episodes in particular, don't hesitate to share with the people in your life or give a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).
2. Leave a tip.
While the podcast is still growing and without consistent advertisers, the hours of labor I put into producing the show are unpaid, and I pay for editing, transcriptions, and hosting out of pocket. Consider leaving a tip through Paypal, Venmo, or the Cash app to show your appreciation for the work that goes into putting out a weekly episode: